Become a Big
95% of our littles report having increased self-confidence because of their bigs.
Bigs & Littles
Become a Big
Volunteering as a Big Brother or Big Sister is a rewarding commitment! To make sure it's the best opportunity for you, and before you can apply, please review our online orientation information. You will learn more about our agency, programs, expectations, and enrollment process. Register here to access the orientation!
If you are just looking for some basic information, check out our FAQ page.
At a minimum, enrolling volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age for the Community Program or at least 16 for the School Program;
- Be willing and able to serve as a mentor for at least 12 months and meet with their Little for approximately 2 hours per week or every other week (6-8 hours per month) in the Community Program or once per week at school for approximately 45-60 minutes in the School Program;
- Have access to transportation, a valid driver’s license, and proof of current vehicle insurance (Community Program only);
- Have a "respectable" driving record;
- Have no DUIs/DWIs on record for the previous 5 years; and
- Have no prior felony convictions or have been convicted of any crime in which children were involved.